Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Testimony

The writter of this song has a similar testimony to mine. He came close to taking his own life.

I love this song because it reminds me of what God did for me.

When I  was 13, I came close to committing suicide. I was in a deep depression.
One night I was standing in the bathroom with a razor in my hand. I felt like I was in a trance and couldnt think clearly. Suddenly I snapped out of it. The only thing I can think of is that someone must have been praying for me at that moment. I realized what I was doing and it scared me. I ended up dropping the razor and leaving the bathroom. God since then has lead me to freedom from depression.
One night a couple of years ago I was ready to go to sleep when suddenly this image of my wrists being slashed flashed in my mind. It startled me and I wondered why It came to mind. I was happy and had not thought of that time of my life in a long time. I thought to my self "Devil you never got me to hurt myself that night and you never will." Just as soon as I thought that the image of my cut wrists dissapeared and the image of Jesus' nail scared hands took its place.
It made Isaiah 53 come to life in my mind.

<>

Isa 53:4+5

Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Jesus took my place so I would never harm myself.

" I am here today becasue God kept me"
"I am alive today because of His grace"

No comments:

Post a Comment