Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 10

Prov. 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price  [is] far above rubies. 

Value. The word for the day.
Yesterday, I felt like God was trying to show me my value in his eyes. I was getting discouraged by the treatment I was getting at work and was letting it get to me. It's like God just gave me a huge hug through the encouragement of others. It came from everywhere and even the co-worker that was being a problem softened a little yesterday.
I often don't see myself as valuable.

having considerable monetary worth; costing or bringing a high price: 

having qualities worthy of respect, admiration, or esteem: a valuable friend.

of considerable use, service, or importance:
God sees everyone as valuable. Not that we are worthy as sinners, but worthy as his. He died on the cross "costing a high price". He made us and therefore we are and have value. This is something I need to be reminded of often. I tend to let voices of the past haunt me and remind me of what Satan wants me to believe. If I didn't have church, christian friends, and God himself then the enemy would succeed.  It is so important to stay connected to God and have fellowship with others. It is also vital to keep renewing the mind in God's word.In fact hat was my message for convalescent home meeting. Ha! how's that for tying things in? God does that. 
I am just overwhelmed by Him for all of this. He is too amazing for words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment