Saturday, June 9, 2012

A people puzzle

God has been really digging up some wrong thinking.
I was feeling really down Tues. night thinking about some of issues with, what I believe is sort of a learning disability for me. I was thinking how I really wish I wasn’t like that.
Then yesterday I went to a convelesent home meeting at a place where it’s mostly for people with mental health issues. Most of them are in there 40’s and 50’s. One of the ladies was upset about construction going on in the building and was having anxiety about it. We prayed with her before we left. As we were leaving she said to me with tears in her eyes, “I wish I wasn’t like this you know”. I hit me hard. I put my arm around her and I told her there really is no difference between us, we all have our weaknesses in different areas and all have our trials, but God is the strong one we can go to and he will bring us through.
We are all in the same boat. We are all going to have trials and shortcomings in this fallible flesh. We are pieces of a puzzle that fit in one special place in God’s design. One piece of the puzzle supports the others.
No one is higher or lower, better or worse here. Just different, unique and important in God’s eyes to further his kingdom.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Col 3:10-11 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Gal 3:27-28 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
It's funny but I was trying to explain this same idea to a client of mine a while back. She kept talking about being higher functioning than her roomates. I know she was saying this to make herself feel better, but I just don't see them that way. They are all intelligent amazing people in different and unique ways. Not higher or lower. Not less than. They are just beautiful people that's all. I know God sees it that way.
For some reason I couldn't see that about myself though. I have a harder time accepting that. There's that word acceptance again. Sheesh. God you keep trying to get these things through to me. I guess I need to be bombarded with it. How else will it get through all the layers of crud I have believed about myself.
Maybe someday I'll get there.

2 comments:

  1. It's so much easier to see things in others and tell them what they need to hear, than to listen to ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I missed this comment.
      Very true! I see better when it comes to others but not so much for myself.

      Delete