Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 11- Walking after the Spirit- Thank God through Jesus-part two

I stopped yesterday because I left for church. Everything that was said at church are the things I have been writting about here so I know God is getting me on the right track.
I talked a little about complacency yesterday and how easy it is to get comfortable to the point of becoming lukewarm.
I don't want to be just doing "church", I want to be living it. I want to be alive through Christ and have it manifest in my life in a larger way.
We are the continuing Acts of the Appostles. The Bible says we are epistles. God's story continues in us. So why doesn't our lives look like the lives of the Apostles? We are God's children but we often don't act like it. We want our  benefits from God but don't want to step out of our comfort zone to be about our Father's business.
I am preaching to myself here. Even if no one else gets anything out of this at least I am doing something.
I want to hear "well done thou good and faithful servant". That is my goal and aim in life. I just want Jesus. I need Him more than anything. My life would be so messed up without him.

"where would I be you only know,
I'm glad you see through eyes of love,
A hopeless case an empty place if not for grace"

That is from a song, but so true for me.

Pick up your cross daily. Dying to self is no easy thing. The flesh will fight it every step of the way. It's easy to become discouraged and want to give up when you have failed God so many times. Again talking about myself.

Proverbs 24:16 For a just [man] falleth seven times, and riseth up again

It's in the rising  up again where victory is. I have failed so many times but hope and faith keeps me getting back up again. If I don't get up then Satan has won. I will slip back to the miserable person I was before I met Jesus. I will not go back there! Calvary was not in vain!

No comments:

Post a Comment