Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 6-Walking in the Spirit- Basking

"Be still and know that I am God"

I am trying to take time to be still in prayer. Not just speak, but quiet myself and listen and just stay in his presence. This is another area where the mind wanders and discipline is necessary.
To quiet ourselves and focus on God is as simple as thinking on Him and keeping our mind stayed on Him. Simple in theory anyway. I find I have had to refocus myself by redirecting my wandering mind with praise. I sing a little or speak out loud praises. Then I think as though I am breathing in his presence with each breath. I think as though I am in his embrace. Try it and see what happens.
 Being still is a difficult practice. We get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life that we feel like we are being unproductive if we are still. Some people can't stand silence and always have to have a tv or radio on in the background. Is it that they don't want to be alone with their thoughts? Do you think God is going to meet you with judgment and criticism for some fault or sin?
Pray first, confess anything you can think of and ask Him to reveal to you areas you may need to confess. Confess those, let them go once you have confessed, then be still and silent.
What happens when you are still and silent? Will the world fall apart if you take a few moments out of your time to be still with God? Will your thoughts bother you if you are without the background noise?
Your Lord and Savior just want to commune with you. He wants to love on you. Wont you let him do that with a stillness that says "I love just being with you Lord"

Not easy but worth every moment.

Take time to breath in Jesus' presence today. Bask in his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment