Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day13- Walking after the Spirit-Dying to self

To  be able to die daily is a daily choice. The choice to walk after the spirit and not follow the carnal mind.
Choosing to do what is contrary to what is convenient or comfortable to us in the flesh.
I still chose to get up at 5:30 this morning when my flesh was groaning "Just one more hour of sleep".
That is a small example, by no means a huge trial but none the less it was a struggle this morning.
Then I had to choose to pray and read my Bible, despite my sleepiness. Then I had to choose to continue in my Daniel fasting when I ate breakfast. By this point in the fast I am being bombarded by temptation to eat meat. That turkey sandwich meat in the fridge seemed  particularly tempting last night, but I did not give in to it.
I just wanted to add that I chose a Daniel fast because of the reasoning behind the fast. It says he did not want to defile himself with the kings meat and wine. The theory is that the meat was sacrificed to idols and Daniel wanted no part in that.
 I feel that God has asked me through this 30 day spiritual walk to go through a cleansing process of leaving the world behind and following after the Spirit. That requires a dying process. I have to die to the desires of the world and continue to choose to walk in the opposite direction.
May the words of this song be our constant prayer and goal...

TAKE THIS WHOLE WORLD, BUT GIVE ME JESUS.
TAKE THIS WHOLE WORLD, BUT GIVE ME JESUS
TAKE THIS WHOLE WORLD, BUT GIVE ME JESUS,
I WON'T TURN BACK LORD, I WON'T TURN BACK.

No comments:

Post a Comment