Saturday, November 10, 2012

Psalm 121- the answer to yesterdays question-God the promise keeper

[[A Song of degrees.]] I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help [cometh] from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD [is] thy keeper: the LORD [is] thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

God had made me a promise a few years ago from this psalm. I knew one aspect of it at the time but I realize it goes for any part of my life.
He promised that He would keep me. He would preserve me from evil and preserve my soul. He would preserve my going out into and coming in from the world.
Some of the things that happened at work made me have to realize I can trust God, but not neccesarily people, especially if they are not saved. Sounds sad but the reality is they are getting tossed to and fro and are not people to let yourself become attached or anchored to. To have had co-workers and a manager against me, made me come to a place where I did not rely on them. I would not put my spiritual life in their hands. I would not hang out with them or try to form friendships with them as a result.
God preserved me from having their influence in my life. I was kept sepparate. I know I tend to be a people pleaser and maybe little by little these people would have worn me down to give in here or there. I see how that could have happend. I was in a more vulnerable place a couple of years ago.

God is a promise keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment