Saturday, January 5, 2013

And God speaks- on Introversion

I had posted this elsewhere but realized I should put it here on my blog since it speaks to what I posted previously.
So God has been speaking to me about the trials I have been going through lately. Especially on how I handle stress. Wed night at church the sermon was about his refining fire. One of the things that was said is that He uses his refining fire to get out the impurities in our character and personality.
 I always thought that being an introverted, quiet, and a very sensitive person was a negative thing. I can get easily overwhelmed and stress out easily when I am.

God reminded me of a verse last night in Isaiah
Is 30:15 For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not
.
I ended up looking up the words returning, rest, quietness, confidence, saved, and strength in this verse
returning-retirement, withdrawal
rest-quietness, quiet attitude
quietness-be tranquil, be at peace,still, be undisturbed, allay
confidence-trusting,
strength- might, valour, bravery, strength, power, force, mastery , victory

I had just read about introverted personalities and the need to have time to myself more to gain back energy from being out in the world. I haven’t been doing that much lately and have been constantly tired and didn’t know why. I need that returning and rest with God to keep going. It’s not a weakness, it is how God created me. Even Jesus needed time to withdraw and be alone with God to restore himself. It’s only when I don’t go to God on a regular basis that I have problems with stress.

Withdrawing and abiding in God and quietly resting in Him brings me restoration.
Real quietness requires me to go to God in trust, having confidence in Him, to be at peace, and let Him allay my fears and frustrations.
Then and only then will I have power, mastery of my emotions, and victory in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment